Friday, May 16, 2014

Presentations

I thoroughly enjoyed everyones presentations last night. I love how each group was a little different and that we covered a vast array of grade levels. Project WET and project WILD are wonderful tools that we are going to be able to incorporate into our classrooms one day. The beauty of the two  curriculum books is that we will not only be teaching our students science, but will be going more in depth into current environmental issues facing all of us. The other unique factor that I like about Project WET and WILD is that the book does most of the work for you. You can figure out the grade level expectation, state requirements, and cross-subjects all from the book. This will definitely be a time saver when it comes time to lesson plan.

So far, I am really enjoying our class. I love that there are only 9 of us so that we can go more in depth into topics. I find it interesting and fun learning new ways to teach children science. I never realized just how many aspects of the learning process are taught through experimenting. In reality, every subject taught in school can in some way or form be structured around science.





3 comments:

  1. I liked learning about everyones presentations too! It is really neat how science is intertwined in every subject we will teach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison, I am so glad to have you in our class. Thanks for working so hard on all of our lessons. I am cracking up at your other posts. I will never hear the name Columbus again and not think of your opinion of him! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Allison, I am glad you like Project WET and Project WILD... You should look into Project Learning Tree, and Growing Up Wild... Flying WILD, and Storm Water WET... Tons of great guides too. @ Linsley, I too loved your presentations. They might have been the best Project Wet and Project Wild presentations ever!

    ReplyDelete